These are a fun cookie to make, and a sprinkle of sugar or salt on top just give it that extra pop!
They don’t work with complicated cookie cutters, but basic ones work just fine!
I was definitely late for valentines day, but the hearts mostly turned out ok. They were addictive enough for me to finish the batch in quick succession.
Rollout Mocha Cookies
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar or edible glitter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar or edible glitter.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Tasty cookies, a little less sweet than normal, but add some salt or sugar on top to make it wonderful.
Definitely sticky and you need less complicated cutter.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! And what did you put on top?
Leave a Reply