This is another fun recipe that has been waiting to be made! Thanks to Costco and riced cauliflower, it doesn’t need fresh ingredients and can be made when the mood strikes! The original recipe calls does offer option with fresh, but I enjoy the outcomes with the bags of frozen riced cauliflower.
We used make a similar version with quinoa and would serve it with sriracha/ranch as an appetizer. (and wow, looks like I never posted that recipe… watch for it!)
When I saw this, I knew we needed to try it and that it would be fun!
Baked Cheddar Cauliflower Bites
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower or 2 cups cauliflower florets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- Hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with oil and set aside (you can also use a 12 cup standard muffin tin).
- Microwave riced cauliflower package approx 7-8 minutes
- Place in strainer, press and push out as much water as possible and cool
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add eggs, cheddar cheese, herbs, and salt & pepper.
- Mix with a spoon until fully combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin tin using a cook scoop or by hand.
- bake for 12-25 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing from pan. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If you have muffin pan liners go for it
This recipe has promise. I used pre-riced cauliflower, added an egg, and upped the spice. I would definitely grease the mini muffin pan, possibly use muffin liners, or maybe even go with silicone so you can pop it out.
I enjoyed the little pop of flavor and joy with our meal. Definitely more of a “side” than something to use to sop up the sauce.
Definitely will try this in different way, just enough at the bottom of the muffin pan so it comes out like a cauliflower tater tot!
If you give this a try, let me know what you think, what spices you tried and if you made them small or big!
Leave a Reply