Jump to recipe
This is a great recipe, with a funny name, easy to make and has a fun secret ingredient of a can of tomato soup.
The original recipe called for chicken to be shredded, but i like it meat free and substitute a can of pinto beans. I halved the main recipe and it makes a nice amount for 2 with leftovers.
You can mix up with different beans and peppers and spices. Let me know how you made it and what you thought!
Mexican Chile (crockpot)
1/4 of the crockpot
4 hours, 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped (about 1/2-one cup)
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 package of store-bought taco seasoning
- 10.75oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 can water
- 1/2 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2.5 tbl milk (almond)
- Add onion, peppers, corn, seasoning, and tomato soup to slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours,
- Assemble corn muffin batter
- Add lid and cook on “high” setting for 60 minutes or until cornbread topping is cooked through.
- Serve with cheese, slasa, hotsauce, avocado or sour cream
This is a fun and quick recipe to put together. Nice option for mid week.