Jump to recipe
I have a friend with doggos that rack up costs like all good boys do!
We were talking about different things and it came up that some turmeric treats were pretty costly. I decided to try my hand at making some cookies!
I found this one, but decided to double the turmeric!
Turmeric Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Measure 2 cups of oats, then pour them into a food processor.
- Let machine run for 2 – 3 minutes, until oats are almost flour consistency with a few big pieces left.
- Add oats to medium bowl, then add turmeric and black pepper.
- Stir to combine spices with ground oats.
- Whisk egg, then add it to the oat mixture with the coconut oil and pumpkin purée.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix dough until it is uniform.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a small cookie scoop, placing them on the lined baking sheet.
- Using wet fingers, press the tops down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 18 minutes for chewy and soft treats.
- Cool completely before feeding to your pup.
This was a fun recipe! I loved being able to smell the coconut of this items.
My pups enjoyed the dough and the final product!
I’ll keep you posted on what the pups they were made for think!
If you try it, let me know what you think, how much turmeric you used