Jump to recipe
It is always fun to use up the spent grain in different ways, add texture to cookies and bread and see if the taste changes!
I always consider spent grain free, but when i think of electricity and time to prep and get it all stored and ready, i chuckle at myself!
Spent Grain Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp softened unsalted butter (real butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp real vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups wet spent grains
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Mix with a mixer, peanut butter, butter, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Add flour, spent grains, baking soda, salt, and mix well, but not too much.
- Stir in the chips by hand until evenly distributed.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 425° F for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the tops get slightly brown, but don’t let the bottoms burn.
- Remove from oven and cool on the pan for about five minutes.
- Carefully transfer to cool on a wire rack, or they may cool on the pan.
These are interesting. One would think that peanut butter and chocolate are the best combo, but these are a bit lacking. Hubby enjoyed them and they stayed moist in a container.
If you try these let me know what you think.