Found this recipe that originally was for shredded chicken and sandwiches. But the flavor caricature is fantastic!
I like to make tacos with the results!
Chipotle Chicken – Crockpot
1/2 chicken breast
3 hours, 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes (from 14.5-oz can) – immersion blended
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- In small bowl, beat tomatoes, chipotle chiles, chili powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper with whisk.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour tomato mixture over chicken. Cover; cook on low heat setting 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
Verdict: great flavor, quick prep
Use this recipe to make tacos! Combined with the refried beans, it’s delicious!
Pro tip: when i open a can of adobo peppers, i never use it all, so i will dice them 1 pepper at a time and store them in the freeze for future use!