Jump to recipe
Our inaugural garden in our “suburban” house. We planted A LOT. like A LOT. Usually most of the time when hubby planted our container gardens on the roof of the old place, not a good percentage would make it… This time, none of them or not nearly enough of them didn’t make it, so we have a lot of zucchini, pickle cucumbers, kale, garlic, and green tomatoes (if only they would turn red!).
Since the zucchini is producing nearly 3 a day i needed to find something besides my favorite Mediterranean dish to use them up. Thanks to 2 peas and their pod – I had some options!
I started with these cookies cause they sounded yummy and used a good bunch of shredded zucchini. Beware – a big zucchini can yield cups and cups of shreds!
Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
The sea salt gives it an amazing pop! Extra time makes it nice and crunchy
Adapted From: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/zucchini-coconut-chocolate-chip-cookies/
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - sea salt is best!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes for firmer, or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Great use of extra zucchini and wonderful cookies!
Hubby really likes them and he doesn’t like veggies!