Jump to recipe
When you have too much zucchini you start finding all the recipes you can!
Our zucchini this year has already started to grow and I still have some in the freezer, so I needed to start baking and making room for the new stuff!
We made these a couple of time during the summer and started again this week! They are light fluffy, delightful with honey butter, and the recipe can be halved!
Original recipe courtesy of TwoPeasAndTheirPod – https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/three-cheese-zucchini-drop-biscuits/
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup buttermilk . (if using powder, 1/4 cup with the dry ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, (buttermilk Powder if using), baking soda, and salt. Mix in cold butter with pastry dough blender (or finger tips, if you must) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Squeeze the grated zucchini in a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Stir into the mix. Add buttermilk or water is usign powder, and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Drop biscuit dough onto prepared baking sheet, about 1/4 cup per biscuit. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are set and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
I generally split this recipe in half and it makes enough for 2 for dinner with a couple for breakfast the next day!