Jump to recipe
Such a fabulous, refreshing, delightful salad! Love to bring it to group outings or pair it with our Spicy Flank for dinner! The first time I posted this is here, original was from Real Simple. As we have grown older and gotten more in touch with what will get eaten, i’ve redone most of our recipes down to just enough 2-4 servings.
I love to mix up the herbs! We brought the basil in this winter and it’s flourishing, so i needed a reason to use some and this was it! I also have my favorite – basically i can’t decide so i use all of them all the time – red pepper flakes. This time i went with the Flat Iron Hatch Green Pepper flavor. Such a great addition to any meal!
Lemony Cucumber-And-Herb Pasta Salad
This is a great recipe. Mix up the fresh herbs and also the flavors of evoo. Garlic and Chipotle are my fav right now. Blood orange or lemon is also a great option!
1 cup of pasta
- 1/2 pound short pasta (such as radiators, orecchiette, gemelli)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for cooking pasta
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons fresh juice (from 2 lemons),
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems or basil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn if large- optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain, Toss with 1 tablespoons oil and set aside.
- Whisk mustard, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk in remaining 1-2 tablespoons oil.
- Add cucumbers and feta and toss to coat.
- Add pasta to cucumber mixture and toss to combine.
- Pasta salad can be made up to this point up to 2 days in advance. Just before serving, add cilantro and mint, drizzle with oil, and squeeze lemon half over top; toss and serve.
Fantastic! Holds up well, even with the fresh herbs, can mix it up with the herbs, pepper flakes, and oil flavors. Can change every time! Hubby is not so much into lemon (i know, right? what the heck?) so i tone in down, but if you enjoy, do all the vest and all the juice! I have also been known to toss it all in a big zip lock and bring it camping!
If you make this, let me know and how you liked it!