As I had mentioned previously, i have bags of roasted chickpeas that i don’t like. This was another adventure into trying to make it more appealing and fun to eat! Hubby agreed, even as altered, the chickpeas are dense and need to be combined with something else to make it a more better snack!
Spicy chickpeas and seeds
Category Appetizers Snacks
Wonderful flavor and versatile!
You can trade out other seeds, like sunflower, butternut or spaghetti squash seeds! Also nice to toss some on a salad!
You can also mix up the fun by using different oil flavors! Cayenne and garlic oils are my favorites!
- 1 cup good bean, chickpea snack
- ½ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, several grinds of pepper, and cayenne (if using) in a large bowl.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and fragrant, 12 to 14 minutes. (7min, spin tray, 7 more)
- Let cool on baking sheet, about 10 minutes.