November 14th was the furever day for Mr Paco (and winston if he was still with us). Mr Paco danced around all day as i prepped the ingredients. He was a great helper and licked the bowl and took care of the extra dough!
We went with bigger cookies to give Paco some crunch in his celebration!
I’ve had the recipe so long that the original site is now defunct! Glad we finally got around to getting this made!
Carrot Banana Dog Treats
Category Dog Treats
- 1 med. banana (ripe, please)
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. apple butter
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (keep some handy for rolling)
- 1 c. rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In cuisinart – combine mashed banana, shredded carrots, apple butter, oats and flour
- Combine all of the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- Dump the dough onto the lightly floured surface.
- Roll it out until it’s about a half inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter (bone shapes are fun!) or the rim of a small glass, cut into 3″ pieces.
- Place the pieces onto silpat on a baking sheet.
- Bake the dog treats for 25 minutes. (Turning half way through)
- If your dog likes a little more crunch to his treats, then turn off the oven and let the treats cool there overnight.
Verdict: Paco enjoyed and the bigger size for celebratory time is a good choice.
Pro Tips –
- Freeze bananas if they are about to go bad, when defrosted they are perfect mashed consistency
- Shredded carrots frozen in 1/2 cup portions make this easy peasy preparation