Jump to recipe
And oldie but goodie! I always get excited when we end up with extra ham in the house!
I had cooked this up and was very excited! One of my favorite meals, double the broth, and pour it over the top and oh does that garlic get delightful! If you have a large breast you can just make 1 and cut it in half to serve a 2 person meal, no left overs!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
1/2 a large chicken breast or 1 small
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-4 thin slices prosciutto or ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Top each breast half with 1-2 slice of ham and 1-2 tablespoon mozzarella.
- Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. (hold with tooth picks)
- Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.
Still a favorite, but definitely need enough liquid or it can get dry!