5 July, 2022
Posted in : Dog Treats
by : Nicole
Tags: dog birthday cake
, puppy cakes
Jump to recipe
It’s paco’s 12th birthday this year. Say what? how is that possible?
Each year I make a different type of puppy cake for paco (for both when Winston was still with us). This year was a fun one with peanut butter, apple butter, and honey!
Original recipe called for a single cake, i used a mini muffin page to create mini pup-cakes and got about 20, so enough to have a nice few days of celebrating!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup apple butter (or apple sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray mini muffin pan with with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, Stir flour, baking soda, baking powder, peanut butter, oil, applesauce, egg and honey.
- Fill muffin tins almost to the top.
- Bake 10 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Paco liked the bowl and the spoon clean and sat very pretty for the final product, so I assume they were considered tasty!
The original recipe offered up frosting, but I didn’t add any to these.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.