Jump to recipe
When i saw this recipe, I knew it was something we needed to try!
I loved the idea of making it thicker with beans and tomato and was intrigued by the recipe.
I made the full recipe, and let it simmer for extra time to get more flavor!
Copy Cat Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli
This recipe can simmer for a while, but the broth will boil off and with make a thicker soup.
1 1/2 cups of Pasta E Fagioli
1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked pasta
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage, browned and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- In 5-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. (cook sausage first to use the released oil for extra flavor)
- Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer, stirring frequently.
- Add rosemary and 3 1/2 cups of the chicken broth.
- Heat to boiling.
- Add macaroni; boil 5 to 7 minutes or until macaroni is almost tender but retains a bit of bite.
- In blender, blend remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 can of the beans and the tomatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Add mixture to stockpot along with remaining can of beans and the sausage. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors and heat through.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with remaining ingredients.
It was a tasty and hearty soup. Add some fun salt, or parmesan cheese.
Stay tuned for my next post for Copy Cat Olive Garden Breadsticks
If you try this recipe let me know what you think, what pasta you chose and if you went fancy on the salt!